Tuesday, August 1, 2017

DC#327- The DIVA Dancing in Lisbon

This week the DIVA Challenge was presented by German CZT Henrike Bratz.

Henrike spent some days in Lisbon and was excited about the lots of tiles with beautiful patterns. I have not been there yet, but I saw similar beauties in Barcelona and I know how a tangler feels among this lots of patterns...
No wonder, that Henrike drew the patterns and deconstructed some.

In her guest post she presented her Fragment "Lisbon" and challenged us to combine it with DIVA Dance.

What a beautiful idea for this weekly challenge - thank you so much, Henrike! I am looking forward to meet you in October!!

This is my conribution for "The DIVA dancing in Lisbon"  (I love that title!!!!)


This was my first decision to have finshed the tile last night. Today I felt it too "fade" and filled the spaces. No idea which one is better, I like them both ;-)


Here is a "late" tile for the last DIVA Challenge (#326).
As `Nzeppel is one of my Mac`n cheese tangles I tried some more.
This one I like because of the powerful colours (created with Inktense pencils and some washing)
The tangle is drawn with curved lines, as it were  " `Nzeppel random curved "...


14 comments:

  1. Both your tiles for Diva dancing in Lisbon are very beautiful! I like both ! And also the late 'Nzeppel is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Simone, schön, wie du mein Lisbon Fragment gestaltet hast. Besonders gefallen mir die hellen Streifen. Die sind so schön plastisch. Und du hast sie sehr raffiniert mal drüber mal drunten am Rande abschschlossen.
    Ich freue mich auch darauf, dich im Oktober zu treffen!
    Liebe Grüße
    Henrike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow love the detail in your tiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I can't decide which I like best. They are really amazing and beautifully done pieces. Nice color on the 'Nzeppel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow! What an inventive use of Lisbon and Diva Dance! Beautiful tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work Simone! I really like both versions and your 'nzeppel is Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both versions, but I think I like the filled in one better. It is both precise and creative at the same time. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work using the Lisbon fragment is superb. I am inspired by the precision of your line drawing and the contrast with the organic Diva Dance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Such precision! They are all beautiful! I too love 'Nzepple and simply adore its tile. Such lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really master the Lisbon Fragment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb tile! I think I prefer the one with more in the background; it seems to add to the 3D effect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow !! Not only using Diva Dance, but incorporating it into Lisbon fragment. Very creative. I had enough trouble just getting it done lone. Great tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the two but my favorite is the second one, there is a bit more contrast and that is just wonderful. Lovely composition Simone and I'm fond of the colours in your second 'N Zeppeltile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liebe Simone, der Titel "The Diva dancing in Lisbon" passt hervorragend zu Deinen Kacheln! Dir ist es wirklich gelungen, diva dance durch das Fragment fließen zu lassen. Und die bunte n'zeppel Kachel ist auch wunderbar.

    ReplyDelete

Vielen Dank für euer Feedback! Many Thanks for your feedback!